Sunday, April 19, 2009

April 19, 2009

Luke 24:13-27

What a wonderful passage to read. It comes on the heels on the resurrection of Jesus. We commonly refer to it as the walk to Emmaus. I have read this story many times. I have heard this story referenced in sermons many times. The intriguing thing for is to place myself in this narrative and ask myself these questions. Would I have known that it was Jesus accompanying my companion and me? Would I have sensed his awesome presence particularly after being an eyewitness to the miracles that he had performed? I think to myself, surely so. Yeah, right. I’m no different than the two people on the road to Emmaus.

Jesus in all of his splendor and glory reveals himself to me time and time again. I just need to open the eyes of my heart and be thankful.

Here's to the start of a great week.

igniting,
Pastor Dawn

No comments: