Tuesday, April 21, 2009

April 21, 2009

Psalms 39

Oh the sheer anguish of this psalmist cry. Did you sense the agony and pain that he was expressing?

Sometimes the pain cuts so deep that all we can do is to cry out to God. Whether the pain is caused by our sins or other sufferings, it still hurts. As I reflect on this psalm, I too am reminded how short life really is. As the psalmist wrote in verse 5 & 12, "How short you have made my life...I am only your guest for a little while." (Today's English Version)

I celebrate that God is indeed the maker of creation and the giver of life. I know if there is any hope at all, it is in the Lord God that we love and serve. So, as short as this life really is, it behoves us to make this journey with joy. Joy that comes from a loving God who does not immune us from suffering but walks with us in those difficult times.

Embrace your journey sisters and brothers and live life to the fullest.

igniting,
Pastor Dawn

No comments: