Friday, March 13, 2009

Luke 9:1-9

“He gave them power and authority….and sent them out to proclaim the Kingdom of God and to heal.” Jesus sent them out on a mission. Notice how poorly they are resourced by the world standards. No staff, no bag, no food, no money, not even a change of clothes. Sounds like a recipe for failure…or a recipe for learning. Seems to me that when I get too dependent on “stuff” in my faith walk I’m less likely to be as responsive to God’s voice. I get pretty protective of my resources and mete them out sparingly and for me at least somewhat selfishly. Jesus says don’t make your journey with me depend on your own resources. Let me make provisions for you. Like in my authority and my generosity and the things you currently fret about so much will take an appropriate place of concern. Oh, we still work and earn, sow and reap but the focus is on Kingdom values and the healing and hope it brings.

Blessings,
Pastor Ken

No comments: