Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday, January 29

Luke 4:28-30

If Jesus meant to get their attention he was successful! They were engaged and enraged. In their anger they blindly disregarded their own scriptural truth and sought to do away with the messenger.

I hope I'm not that way but I know I am. There are some things in scripture I don't want to hear because they call me to do things for and with people that are out of my comfort zone.
It's a lot easier & safer to stay in my comfortable community of like-minded, like-me people. But that's not where Jesus leads me to go.

Sometimes I must admit I wish Jesus would do what he did in verse 30. He walked through the crowd and went on his way. He left the uncooperative folks behind. In my uncooperative life he keeps coming back to me and invites me to go his way. Reluctant as I sometimes am, I think I'm grateful for that.

Blessings,
Pastor Ken

No comments: