Saturday, January 24, 2009

Week 8, Saturday, Deuteronomy 6:16-19

Jeff, thanks for your observations about Satan's continuing attempts to intervene in Jesus' life to alter God's perfect plans. Another great lesson for us that neither peer pressure nor 'divide and conquer' work in God's economy.

In today's passage I notice that "the LORD" is written five times in three verses. This reminds me that Scripture is God's story - it's all about God.

I was curious, and went back to see how God's people tested Him at Massah. In Exodus 17, I read that the Israelites quarrelled and tested the LORD saying, "Is the LORD among us or not?"

For today, I'm combining my reverence for the Lord that I explored earlier this week with God's very specific command not to test (doubt) Him. This is today's reminder to me to keep my eyes upon Him, as Jesus did in His earthly life.

I know I will falter - we all do. But I trust that even as the Spirit was with Jesus, the Spirit is also with me, and will remind and strengthen me along this journey.

I hope that you also have been able to claim a powerful strengthening of the Spirit within you because of your experience with Luke's gospel this week.

peace and blessing,
Pastor Judi

No comments: