Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wednesday Luke 2:47-50

As was the case with Jesus' parents in today's text, I am often amazed at what I hear my children discussing. When they are not with me, I think they have much more mature conversations (most of the time) with other people than they do when I am around them. Perhaps that's the way with most of us--we discuss different subjects with our parent than we do with other adults. Maybe our kids feel less inhibited by the parental relationship and our expectations of them when they are around others of similar age. When you read today's text from Luke, what thoughts popped into your minds about the setting in which Jesus' parents discovered him? Any thoughts?

As I said yesterday, if you have trouble logging on to make comments on this thread, please fell free to email me at: paul@matthewsumc.org and engage me in conversation.

Until next time,
peace and blessings.

Pastor Paul

No comments: