Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday, January 31

Luke 4:38-44

I've heard a lot of mother-in-law jokes. Mother-in-laws get a lot of bad press. I've been blessed now for 38 years to have a Godly woman as my mother-in-law. Had she been ill like Peter's mother-in-law, I would have Jesus to go to her. Maybe that's what Peter (Simon) did. Jesus may have commanded the seas, the winds and other forces of nature, but his Divine intervention in the lives of human beings with care, compassion, and concern are the most engaging to me.

His fame was spreading. Verse 40 tells us that many were bringing those who were sick for healing. That's people caring about other people. So much so that they were willing to set aside their personal agendas to literally "take hold" of someone who needs to meet Jesus and carry them to him.

There are still folks that need to meet Jesus for healing that goes even deeper than the physical challenge of this life. There is a sickness in our very souls that needs a Divine healing.

How can I "take hold" of someone who needs to meet Jesus and be the conduit through which they come to him?

Blessings,
Pastor Ken

No comments: