Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Deuteronomy 4:31

God’s mercy. Wow, it is life sustaining. When I think about God’s mercy, I think about God’s compassion and God’s forgiving spirit. I think about God’s unmerited love for me. Oh to have that kind of love for all of God’s people. I know I fall woefully short.

God definitely showed that kind of love to the Israelites. Time and time again, God’s people wanted to go their own way and do their own thing. Time and time again, they did. I believe that is the same with many of us. Or, I should ‘speak’ for myself, that’s the same as it is with me. But, we serve a forgiving and gracious God. A God that knows our hearts. A God that loves us in spite of our trifling ways.

I’m reminded of a song that conveys God’s mercy. Here are some of the lyrics:

Your grace and mercy brought me through.
I’m living this moment because of you.
I want to thank you and praise you to.
Your grace and mercy brought me through.

Today, I’m really thankful for God’s mercy.

What about you?

igniting,

Pastor Dawn

No comments: