Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Some thoughts about starting the Lenten Season…

I’ve been contemplating most of the day. About an hour ago, I participated in our Ashe Wednesday service at church. It was a meaningful service to mark the beginning of the Lenten season.

The Lenten season is a journey of penitence that lasts for 40 days. We do not count Sundays in the season as they are mini celebrations of Easter. For many people during this season, they give up something (chocolate, meat, drinking alcohol, etc). Some people fast for periods of time while others spend time in deep reflection.

Whatever you decided to give up or take on, spend some time in prayer. I know I will be praying and listening to what the Lord has to say to me.

Blessings for a meaningful Lenten journey.

igniting,
Pastor Dawn

No comments: