Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wednesday, December 17, 2008, Luke 1:39-42

Hello. Where are you?

As I blogged on Sunday, this was one incredible greeting. Upon hearing Mary’s voice, Elizabeth’s joy emanated from the Holy Spirit. Oh to have that kind of joy. Oh to have the Holy Spirit be the source of that kind of joy. Guess what? I believe, from time to time, we do experience Holy Spirit joy.

I’ve been so full sometimes that I feel an overwhelming sense of Holy Spirit joy. One time I was serving communion at church. A little girl strolled down the aisle and greeted me with these words. “Hey, I know you, you baptized me. Thank you.” As the words sprang forth from her mouth, all I could see was the big beautiful smile she wore with those adoring brown eyes. What a tremendous greeting.

Blessed are we when we feel Holy Spirit joy.

Emmanuel,
Pastor Dawn

No comments: