Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Week one, Tuesday

Do you wonder what it meant that Zechariah and Elizabeth were "upright in the sight of God, observing all the Lord's commandments and regulations blamelessly"? How can any human observe all of the Lord's commandments without failing somewhere?

I'm going to wrestle with this a little bit...and I'm grateful that I know the 'rest of the story,' but don't want to get ahead of where we are in this study of Luke's gospel.

For today, I think I'll ponder whether it's possible that God could view me as 'upright' in His sight. If He could, it wouldn't be because I succeed at observing all of His commandments blamelessly. It would be only by His grace.

What do you think?

Pastor Judi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It took Elisabeth's being barren of child as another thing God is tellings us. I took it as barren from his word. Have I opened myself up enough with faith and understanding that I must always be filled with his word and not barren of it?