Monday, December 1, 2008

Week 1 Day 2, Gospel of Luke

Today's reading is like the other bookend...yesterday we were getting ready to learn about the prophecy and birth of Jesus; today we're reading another assurance that all that has been told about Him is the truth.

Putting these two scriptures together gives me a sense of peace and 'settledness'. It is reassuring to know that the truth of the scriptures is solid and sure; that people like us, people who would question and even doubt, reassured themselves of the truth about Christ long before the stories even got to us.

After reading the passage (R), investigating what God is doing in it (I), praying for wisdom and understanding (P), examining my heart (E)...now I am ready to have my life changed because of what I've read (N)...RIPEN.

I'm ready to read all that Luke has to say about Jesus, "so that (I) may know the certainty of the things (I) have been taught.

I'd love to hear your thoughts...and what God is doing in you because of these passages.

Peace,
Pastor Judi

2 comments:

Catherine Montsinger said...

God understands the hard-wired doubt that humans come with. Isn't it great (and gracious) that He knew we needed a flesh and blood savior so that we could believe.

Doubting is a tough spot to be in for a Christian but God graciously walks us through out doubt back into faith. I'm glad God is a living god.

Helen E. said...

I find it interesting that I underlined this scripture verse before in my Bible. This particular Bible is 20+ years old. I wonder what study I was doing at the time..."but these are recorded so that you will believe..." Are we not fortunate that we can read and re-read the scriptures? I am thankful for those who have gone before and did indeed record the miracles.