Friday, December 5, 2008

Week 1, Friday

Okay, if I didn't have the 'fear factor' going yesterday, it might be here today!

I try to put myself in Zechariah's position. I've just second-guessed an agent of God. And now he (Gabriel) is reminding me who he is, who he stands next to (God), and why he's here talking to me (Zecheriah). In light of that, his reaction seems fair enough. No talking for the next nine months, when what the angel Gabriel said will come to fruition.

If I'm still trying to feel what Zechariah would have felt, I think I'm thinking "what just happened here?" My mind is reeling. I'm wishing maybe I hadn't blurted out what I did blurt out.

Today, even though this may not be the point of the passage, I'm remembering that it might be better to think before I speak. It might be better not to say something that would betray my faith, even in a moment of temporary uncertainty.

Especially in this holiday season, when I'll be seeing lots of people - some of them family - that I don't see often, I'll try to remember this. I'll try to remember that whatever God puts in my life, I'll examine it in light of my faith first.

What do you think? What would it be like for you to be in Zechariah's shoes in verses 19-20?

peace,
Pastor Judi

No comments: